Neurofeedback is a non-invasive, drug-free treatment that uses advanced technology to help individuals better understand and control their brainwaves. This training can help reduce symptoms of various conditions including anxiety disorders, depression, and PTSD. In the wake of the COVID pandemic and the need for social distancing, remote neurofeedback therapy has become a popular option for those seeking treatment across the globe and at home in Colorado Springs.
But how exactly does remote neurofeedback work? Is the at-home treatment really as effective as in-clinic care? In this blog, we'll explore the benefits of remote neurofeedback therapy and how we’re utilizing it at Cognitivve.
What is Remote Neurofeedback?
Remote neurofeedback is exactly what it sounds like: it’s a form of neurofeedback therapy that is conducted remotely, typically over the internet. This means that individuals can receive neurofeedback treatment from the comfort of their own homes and don’t need to travel to a clinic or practitioner’s office.
These remote capabilities are made possible thanks to innovative qEEG technology developments. This brain training therapy involves the use of a computer and sensors to monitor your brain activity in real-time, which is then used to guide the therapy and help you learn how to control your brainwaves.
Benefits of Remote Neurofeedback Therapy
Remote neurofeedback therapy offers all of the same benefits of traditional neurofeedback therapy. However, the remote nature of the therapy offers several additional benefits, including:
- Convenience: You can receive treatment without leaving home! This can make it easier for you to stick to your treatment plan and attend appointments regularly.
- Reduced exposure: If you’re trying to stay healthy and minimize contact with others, remote neurofeedback therapy can help you do exactly that and you can still receive your treatment.
- Flexibility: Remote neurofeedback therapy allows you to do brain training sessions whenever it’s convenient for you. This flexibility is not always possible at in-person appointments.
- Cost-effective: Remote neurofeedback therapy eliminates the need to travel to and from appointments, thus helping you save gas, time, and money.
Conditions That Can Be Treated via Remote Neurofeedback Therapy
Neurofeedback therapy can be effective in treating a variety of conditions, regardless of whether you’re in the office or at home. These may include:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Neurofeedback therapy has been shown to be effective in reducing symptoms of PTSD, such as flashbacks, nightmares, and feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Anxiety Disorders and Depression: Neurofeedback therapy can help individuals learn how to control their brainwaves and reduce many of the symptoms of anxiety and depression. It also trains you to respond differently to stimuli that might have caused symptoms previously
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Neurofeedback therapy can help individuals with ADHD develop stronger focus and concentration, and reduce impulsivity and hyperactivity.
- Insomnia: Neurofeedback therapy has been shown to improve sleep quality and duration, even for those without sleep disorders.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Neurofeedback therapy can help individuals with autism increase attention, social interaction, and communication skills.
Let Cognitivve Help You Today
Remote neurofeedback therapy is a convenient and effective option, especially in Colorado Springs. This is because mental health conditions like PTSD, anxiety disorders, depression, and others are prevalent in the Colorado Springs community due to the high presence of active military members, veterans, and athletes.
If you are looking for a therapy that is non-invasive, drug-free, and can be conducted remotely, neurofeedback is worth your consideration. It is a suitable therapy option for those who want to receive treatment from the comfort of their own homes or wherever is convenient for them.
We are proud to be a leading provider of neurofeedback in Colorado Springs at Cognitivve. To help expand access to reliable mental health care services, we’ve gone the extra mile to offer neurofeedback care remotely.
Get started with Cognitivve today by scheduling a consultation with our team!